Warm Black Kale Chickpea Salad
- Black Kale: 2 cups chopped with tough ends removed (I actually just tore them into large pieces using my hands)
- Chickpeas: 1 cup previously cooked chickpeas or if you don’t have time you can used canned ones
- White onion: 1 small or 1/2 medium sliced lengthwise
- Spring onion: 2 stalks finely sliced
- Garlic: 2 cloves mashed
- Lemon: freshly squeezed, about 2 Tbsp
- Sea salt: 1 tsp
- Ground pepper: 1 tsp
- Paprika powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 Tbsp
- Silvered raw almonds: 2 tsp (optional)
- In a small bowl mix chickpeas with paprika, cumin and lemon juice.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat add olive oil, garlic, white & spring onion, salt & pepper and mix well until the onions are slightly soft.
- Add chickpeas mix and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the kale and mix well with all other ingredients, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with almonds sprinkled on top.